Monday 24 January 2011

How to ride a dragon's Storm by Cressida Cowell

How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (Hiccup, Book 7) (Bk. 6) Ellie and I have read this together, mostly me out load, and I have had to back fill where she has read it to herself without me.
This one is actually the signed copy that we queued for at the Oxford Literary Festival last year.
Enjoyable, with good pacey bits, and internally consistent, I still trip over some of the names, though Big Boobied Bertha is fun, and typical of Cressida Cowell's thigh-slapping principal boy style, in which she rather overdoes the cartoon adult men, weedy male hero and plucky girl companion and/or love interest.
Probably I am not sufficiently well read to get the references which are flying over my head but it feels in places a bit derivative even if I can never pin down from what.
All of that carping to one side this is a jolly good read and I suggest you go out and buy yourself a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment